Sometimes, when you insert the SIM card into your phone, it will show a “SIM not provided for Voice” error. The main cause could be because of your SIM card. Maybe you’re still using a broken, old, or torn SIM card in your new phone that’s preventing your new phone from picking up. Or maybe because you are using a new SIM card that is still not active. If it weren’t for these two, it wouldn’t hurt to try some of the following methods to fix this problem.
Getting to Know About “SIM Not Provided for Voice” Error
If you see this error on your phone, it means your SIM is still not active or your service provider has suspended it. Apart from that, it also indicates that your phone may be inactive to read them.
Before You Move Further Ahead:
Make sure that you’ve tried some of the following tips before continuing:
• Try the same SIM card in another phone to see if the SIM card is working in it or still showing an error?
• You reboot your phone without removing the SIM. sometimes, simply restarting your phone can solve the problem.
• You have a new SIM card if your old SIM card shows this error.
• Contact your service provider using call and text then discuss your problem with them
For All SIM Cards on Android Phones
• Turn off your android phone then remove the SIM card from it.
• Please wait a few seconds then insert the SIM Card back into your phone.
• Make sure and pay attention that you insert the SIM card correctly in the right way.
• Then you will see a small symbol in the slot that serves to tell which side of the SIM to insert
• Now please reboot your phone
Alternative Way for Android Phone
If you have tried the methods above and they didn’t work, follow the instructions below to fix this problem.
• Turn off your phone then please enter reset mode, but in this case, you don’t need to reset your phone
• Please clear all cache from your phone and then restart your phone.
Resolving SIM Not Provisioned for Voice on iPhone
The method you read above may not work on iPhone. Especially for iOS devices, you must do it a different way. You can follow the instructions below in this context.
• You must turn off your iPhone and remove the SIM card from it.
• After that, clean the gold contacts of the SIM card by using a soft pencil eraser.
• And now you can use a soft cloth to wipe the remaining eraser.
• Now you can insert the SIM card back into the SIM slot gently. You need to make sure that the SIM card is inserted into your phone in the correct position
• Please Reboot your iPhone and you can check if the problem is solved or not.